It's a question a lot of people are asking as we enter, for the first time ever, an essentially sports-free world. All professional sports have taken steps to cancel, suspend, or severely alter their events in order to limit the spread of the Covid-19 Coronavirus. It's tough enough to say goodbye to football when you have basketball, baseball, NASCAR, and golf to turn to, but... what now?
What did families do before broadcast sports?
Well, might I make a few suggestions.
How about using this time to reconnect with family and friends? Although it's inadvisable to attend large gatherings, huddling with family and close friends can be very rewarding and, if you're like many these days, your busy work schedule has compromised the time you're dedicating to the things that really matter. Take this opportunity to steal that time back.
- Host a movie night. Make it a marathon! Let each family member choose a movie. Turn down the lights, turn off the phones for a few hours, enjoy popcorn and nachos, and share your favorite movies.
- Family game night. Somewhere in your home, hidden in the back of a closet, is at least one classic game. If you don't have Monopoly, Life, Parcheesi, or Scrabble tucked away, you're in the minority. Drag out the games, gather around the kitchen table, and go for the win! It might even satiate your need for competition.
- Charades. How can one not have fun while watching your kids attempt to act out a scene from I Love Lucy?
- Arts and Crafts doesn't have to be complicated. Coloring books, popsicle stick jewelry boxes, key holders, pot holders, etc... Order the supplies online and have them delivered to your home. You'll be left with something tangible to remind you of your time together.
- Cook a meal together. I've watched enough Top Chef Juniors to know that children can be almost unbelievably gifted at prepping and cooking a meal. How proud would they be to serve a meal to those they love?
- Call those relatives far from home that you don't see often enough. Catch up with gramma and grampa. Call your cousins. Reminisce about your last visit, or plan your next. Close that gap and remind them how special they are to you.
What do you plan to do? How will your family fill the time as you stay closer to home in the coming weeks? If you have an idea or suggestion to offer, let us know. We'd love to share it here for others to enjoy as well!
However this virus situation unfolds, we wish you and your family good health and good times.
P.S. Wash your hands!
As your Hometown Realtor, it's my delight to share with you the best of what our beautiful part of Florida has to offer. From the nightlife of Jacksonville Beach, to the family-oriented community of Neptune Beach, and the worst-kept secret that is the charm of Atlantic Beach, to the far-flung parts of Baker, Nassau, Clay, and St Johns Counties, our team is prepared with the knowledge and experience to guide you to the community that meets your individual wants and needs. Whether a beach bungalow, a Victorian in historic Riverside, a ranch-style home in San Jose, or a contemporary home in one of the many new communities of Nocatee and Julington Creek, (and all points in between), our team is here to find the perfect home for you.
We are proud that on our small team we have accumulated a combined 150+ years of experiences from living, working, and playing in this incredible part of Florida. We know Jacksonville and all the surrounding areas. If you're looking to buy or sell your house, condo, investment property, or vacant land, you can count on the Life's A Beach House Team to deliver for you.
If I can be of assistance, call me, Michele with one "L", your Hometown Realtor. I'd love to be your real estate resource.
As a Realtor in Jacksonville Eric Dreibelbis with Keller Williams Realty Jacksonville Beach serves ALL communities as a Listing Agent and a Buyers Agent. I am a Nocatee certified agent and work New construction as well. Proudly selling homes in Jacksonville, St Johns, Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach, Nocatee, Mandarin, Southside, Julington Creek. We also work with Investors looking to "Flip" or build "Rental" portfolio. Eric Dreibelbis with Keller Williams Realty Jacksonville specializes in finding the perfect home for buyers and helping sellers have a smooth, worry free experience selling their house. We are top producing Realtors in the Top 1% of the MLS in Home Sales yearly.
12427 TAMARIND CT JACKSONVILLE, FL 32225 From the Moment You Pull
"Living out of Jacksonville and putting our home in Neptune Beach on the market was a real concern to us. Eric was everything other reviewers have said, and I think even more. The effort put into Open Houses, showings, feedback to us and mostly being honest in his advice I have to say was above and beyond the call of duty. We have sold many homes over the years and say without a doubt would call upon Eric again to either buy or sell a home."