So you think you're ready to buy a home? In today's sellers market it's all about being prepared. Homes are selling for top dollar and in record time. Below are a few tips to help you become prepared to painlessly buy your new home.
1. DO partner with a seasoned REALTOR. Home buyers need all the help they can get in this fast paced real estate market. A seasoned, experienced REALTOR can provide insight and access to new listings as they become available. When you find a home you are interested in, your REALTOR can research comparable sales in the area to assure you aren't paying too much. They can also negotiate on your behalf and advise you throughout the entire process.
2. DO get pre approved. It's important to have a pre approval letter in hand when you make an offer on a home. With all the competition in the market, you have to let the seller know that you are serious. Ask your REALTOR to recommend a local lender for a mortgage pre approval letter.
3. DON'T look at homes that don't fit your criteria. With the inventory of homes for sale being so low, it's critical to not waste time looking at the wrong homes. Decide what you want, set your goals and go for it! Communicate with your REALTOR. If he or she isn't listening to what you want....it's time to get a new REALTOR !
4. DO make your first offer your best. It's very common for new listings to sell in one day and have multiple offers, so one chance may be all that you get. If multiple offers come in at the same time, the seller has the right to either choose one of those offers, counter one offer, or call for highest and best. Avoid bidding wars...they aren't for the faint at heart !
5. DO have a strategy. It's human nature to want the best-possible deal. The old strategy, make a low offer and try to get the best deal will NOT work in today's market. In this seller's market buyers who don't step up to the plate lose out on their dream home time and time again.
Whether you are looking in Jacksonville, Southside, Jacksonville Beach, Neptune Beach, or Atlantic Beach the strategy should be the same. Be prepared with a seasoned REALTOR on your side, a pre approval letter in hand and and the word YES ready to roll off your tongue !
Don't be frustrated if your offer is not accepted. Learn from the experience and move forward. Your Jacksonville dream home is waiting for you now!
For additional tips and information, contact any agent on the "Life's a Beach House Team" at 904-472-5448
Pat Conrad - REALTOR ®
Keller Williams Realty Atlantic 4116 South 3rd St Jacksonville Beach, Florida (904)339-3084 Eric Cell
As a Realtor in Jacksonville Eric Dreibelbis with Keller Williams Realty Jacksonville Beach serves ALL communities as a Listing Agent and a Buyers Agent. I am a Nocatee certified agent and work New construction as well. Proudly selling homes in Jacksonville, St Johns, Ponte Vedra, Jacksonville Beach, Atlantic Beach, Neptune Beach, Ponte Vedra Beach, Nocatee, Mandarin, Southside, Julington Creek. We also work with Investors looking to "Flip" or build "Rental" portfolio. Eric Dreibelbis with Keller Williams Realty Jacksonville specializes in finding the perfect home for buyers and helping sellers have a smooth, worry free experience selling their house. We are top producing Realtors in the Top 2% of the MLS in Home Sales yearly.
PAT'S PERSPECTIVE....No...You DO NOT Need 20% Down to Buy Now!The
"Living out of Jacksonville and putting our home in Neptune Beach on the market was a real concern to us. Eric was everything other reviewers have said, and I think even more. The effort put into Open Houses, showings, feedback to us and mostly being honest in his advice I have to say was above and beyond the call of duty. We have sold many homes over the years and say without a doubt would call upon Eric again to either buy or sell a home."